Skip to main content

Hilde's Corner - Happy Lunar New Year!


Happy Lunar New Year! It’s the Year of the Snake!



I came across these super cute socks called Year of the Snake Socks by Marie Elyse-Dugal selling for about $3.64 on Ravelry. I just LOVE the cable swirls all up the entire sock. Cascade Heritage would be perfect for these socks with their solid/tonal colors. One needs those beautiful cables to be seen. Wearing these socks may give you good luck all year!



And just around the corner is Valentine’s day, and besides hearts, I think of chocolate. (I do love my chocolate) I saw this pattern for Chocolate Swirl mittens and think they are so cute. (Swirls must be on my mind…) They are by Janet Welsh Knits and sell for about $3.64 on Ravelry. They also use fingering weight yarn, so Cascade Heritage would work nice here, too, but if you were going for a different color other than chocolate, I think a variegated yarn would also work, so Square Peg yarns would be fun, or Malabrigo Ultimate Sock. I sure could’ve used a pair of mittens like this, what with the weather we’ve been having, during my walks!

Speaking of chocolate, I’d love to share with you a favorite Hot Fudge Sauce recipe of mine that’s a thousand times better than anything you can buy. Try making this for your loved ones and swirl some on their ice cream and see how much they’ll thank you!


Hot Fudge Sauce

¾ cup sugar

½ cup unsweetened cocoa

½ cup heavy whipping cream

4 Tablespoons butter, cut into pieces

1 teaspoon vanilla

In a heavy 1-quart saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, cream, and butter; heat to boiling over high heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm, or cool completely, then cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks. Gently reheat before using.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

Hilde's Corner

How are you all doing with holiday gifts? Still need a few to knock out quick-like? I found these cute gifts that I think could work up fast. For the book lovers on your list, I think these cute crocheted chicken bookmarks are hilarious! Crochet Colorful Chicken Bookmark by PurrCraftedDesign . The pattern sells for $4.95 on Ravelry and calls for a sport weight cotton. The shop sells a DK cotton that would also work beautifully for these cuties - Ricorumi Another bookmark pattern is Leaf Bookmark & Garland Motif by Joey Diehl . This pattern is FREE and calls for Worsted weight yarn, so Uptown Worsted would be perfect for this. How about a sweet pocket friend for a child? This one is super basic, called Worry Pet by Blue Fox Paws and is a FREE pattern and uses any gauge yarn! It would be fun to use a textured yarn, or a fuzzy kind, but any yarn works. You can opt to put the ears on or not. We have safety eyes in the shop, too! Do you know someone who uses Airpods and could use a co...