Skip to main content

Free Pattern Alert - Wee Lima


Yesterday I put up 4 button options on Facebook and Instagram and asked what button you would pick. Engagement on social media hasn't been great, so when I picked my phone up later...I was surprised to see so many people weighing in. It was cool to see how many different opinions there were. I had my favorite, and then I had the one that I felt would look best as a sample (because that is the point of this sweater). Many of you agreed that C was the best option...and I agree as well (although, I'll admit, A was my favorite if I were making this for me!!). 

This is the Wee Lima sweater by Taiga Hilliard...a free pattern on Ravelry. I did the 3-6 month size, but is sized from Newborn to 12 months. This pattern is super fun to knit and makes a really adorable gift!

I knit it with my SUPER FAVORITE, CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT IT Mystical Marl. It took 2 balls for the 3-6 month size. I absolutely LOVE the way this yarn feels in my hand as I knit, it steam blocked very nicely...which was impressive for a 50% cotton 50% acrylic yarn. And at $4 a ball...it's a steal!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

Hilde's Corner

How are you all doing with holiday gifts? Still need a few to knock out quick-like? I found these cute gifts that I think could work up fast. For the book lovers on your list, I think these cute crocheted chicken bookmarks are hilarious! Crochet Colorful Chicken Bookmark by PurrCraftedDesign . The pattern sells for $4.95 on Ravelry and calls for a sport weight cotton. The shop sells a DK cotton that would also work beautifully for these cuties - Ricorumi Another bookmark pattern is Leaf Bookmark & Garland Motif by Joey Diehl . This pattern is FREE and calls for Worsted weight yarn, so Uptown Worsted would be perfect for this. How about a sweet pocket friend for a child? This one is super basic, called Worry Pet by Blue Fox Paws and is a FREE pattern and uses any gauge yarn! It would be fun to use a textured yarn, or a fuzzy kind, but any yarn works. You can opt to put the ears on or not. We have safety eyes in the shop, too! Do you know someone who uses Airpods and could use a co...