Skip to main content

Joann's Closing

We have been hearing one comment over and over in the shop...

"I need to find a new place now that Joann's is closing"

At A Little Knitty we have always stood by our mission of bringing the best quality yarns at the best possible prices. We FULLY understand that even with that mission, we cannot meet the pricing that Joann's was able to do for their private label yarn (Big Twist), Lion's Brand, Bernat and Red Heart plus steep discounts and coupons. We know that these yarns enabled crocheters to crochet huge blankets without breaking the bank and crafters of all sorts to make things for donation without taking out a second mortgage. 

We do not have coupons or sales, because we stand by the fact that we give you the best possible pricing every single day we are open...but this means that since we don't mark up, we don't have the margin to mark down. 

I know we will not be able to fill the hole in the market that Joann's has left behind, but if there is anything that you are looking for, please consider checking out what we do carry!

Our Uptown Worsted is an anti-pilling acrylic that is so soft and cuddly and sells for $7 a ball. 

Major (we don't sell this one online...it is big and bulky and was costing us WAAAAY too much for shipping!!) is an awesome bulky weight acrylic that is $13 per ball for 200 GRAMS of lovely-ness.

Yarnalia has very cost friendly yarns that are amazing (I have put the wonder base through the washer and dryer multiple times and it keeps on ticking!!!). They have a Sport base called Marvel ($3.99 a ball), a DK base called Wonder ($3.25 a ball) and a Bulky called Fluffy ($6.25 per ball)

Heritage by Cascade is a super price friendly fantastic fingering weight yarn that is a very popular seller at $12.00 per 100g skein

Deluxe Worsted has a Superwash ($9.50 per ball) and Non-Superwash ($9.00 per ball) line that is cost friendly and a great work horse.

I know many people think of a Local Yarn Shop as ONLY carrying higher end yarns, but we work very hard to have a range of products for our customers...without sacrificing quality!

If you are experiencing sadness due to the loss of Joann's (or know someone who is) please check us out! We will do our best to help you out!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

Hilde's Corner

How are you all doing with holiday gifts? Still need a few to knock out quick-like? I found these cute gifts that I think could work up fast. For the book lovers on your list, I think these cute crocheted chicken bookmarks are hilarious! Crochet Colorful Chicken Bookmark by PurrCraftedDesign . The pattern sells for $4.95 on Ravelry and calls for a sport weight cotton. The shop sells a DK cotton that would also work beautifully for these cuties - Ricorumi Another bookmark pattern is Leaf Bookmark & Garland Motif by Joey Diehl . This pattern is FREE and calls for Worsted weight yarn, so Uptown Worsted would be perfect for this. How about a sweet pocket friend for a child? This one is super basic, called Worry Pet by Blue Fox Paws and is a FREE pattern and uses any gauge yarn! It would be fun to use a textured yarn, or a fuzzy kind, but any yarn works. You can opt to put the ears on or not. We have safety eyes in the shop, too! Do you know someone who uses Airpods and could use a co...