Skip to main content

New Yarn Alert - Moonshine Bulky

There once was a yarn called Moonshine Chunky. 

I loved this yarn It felt luxurious and made the warmest sweater I have ever owned (I knit the Carbeth).

Then, the yarn disappeared...and I was beyond sad! How dare they discontinue this lovely yarn. 

Over the years I have asked, "Will it return?"
And I was told, "No".

But alas, a couple months ago a yarn rep was showing me the yarns for the fall and what shall appear before my eyes??? MOONSHINE BULKY!!!!


Moonshine Bulky is pretty much the same as Moonshine Chunky...just with a new name! This yarn is a 60% Wool30% Baby Alpaca10% Silk (the percentages did change a little big from the original chunky version, but the yardage remains the same!!!)

The company describes it as....Experience opulence with this blend of organic silk, extra fine baby alpaca, & highland Peruvian wool, this bulky loosely spun single-ply roving yarn is buttery soft & melts on your needles. The shimmer of the silk adds both depth and dimension to your stitches, as you quickly knit up bulky cowls, scarves, hats and gloves. But don't be fooled… this yarn also makes for fantastic, fast-knit bulky keepsake sweaters & coats, or statement pieces to pass down to future generations.

Doesn't that sound amazing!!!!! And it now comes in a Dappled line too!!




So, as if by magic....all the colors jumped into my shopping cart and now we have this....






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!