Skip to main content

Alaska Knitting Cruise with Great Yarns

Sorry it has taken me much longer than anticipated in positing pics. There were a few nights on board that I just didn't sleep well, so when I got home I figured the reason I was begging for a nap was due to my lack of sleep. Little did I know, some sort of sickness (not covid) had attacked my body and would not let me go!!! 

Today (Monday) I'm finally able to function a little bit...at least enough to share some photos. 

The cruise with Great Yarns was PHENOMENAL to say the least. It was so fun to hang out with friends, learn new tips and tricks, and we were absolutely spoiled rotten. I don't think ive ever received so many surprises...plus all the pampering by the staff of Celebrity Cruiselines....I was seriously feeling special!!

Ok...on with some photos!

This was the very first photo I snapped of our little group after we went on a mission to find a snack. The French fries from the grill were yummy!

Susan and Jessica decorated our door which was so fun AND made it easier to find our room!!!! Also, other knitters would know a knitter lived there!! 

This was our beautiful classroom with a full glass wall at the back. It was so lovely to watch the glacier on glacier morning from this gorgeous spot.

The yarn shop in Ketchikan 

Snuck up on them shopping

I had overheated myself and decided to sit for a moment while everyone shopped. The views of the creek from this shop were sooooo beautiful. It was fun to sit and soak up the yarn fumes. There was quilting stuff at this shop too...so I ended up getting a couple things for my daughter who has been quilting more lately.

This was the perfect place for a midnight snack and tea (there is a tea photo later....it won't let me drag it up!!!)

I was so intrigued by the silent disco and Jessica was too...so we checked it out (it was super fun, everyone wore headphones and could listen to 1 of 3 channels and dance...so some people were listening to Latin, others 90 pop and another group disco...but all dancing together)

The view from our room glacier morning...I love the color of the water SO much!
I ran up to the buffet and loaded up my plate and took it back to our room to watch the glacier a bit

We got soooo close to the glacier...it was beautiful!!!

In juneau I hugged a fake alpaca

We both bought bulky yarn in juneau and decided to cast on hats right away. No swift? No problem!



There is that fancy tea! The chocolate biscotti wasn't my favorite...but the almond was goooooood

We went on a tour in Skagway about the Good Time Girls (and some ghosts). I had the BEST time!!!! 
Our tour guide was fantastic and memorized soooo much stuff




We got to tour the upstairs of the Red Onion Saloon
And have a little bubbly


Of course there was a yarn shop visit!!! The staff at the Skagway shop was so wonderful!!!!

We went to lunch and noticed we all brought the same project bag and we were wearing the same shirt 

Our travel agent set up a flight of martinis and who am I to pass that up????

Ya, they were that good



Quite possibly the coolest part is when the magician (who's name is Jessica Jane) called our friend, Jessica Jane, up on stage to be part of her act. It was seriously my favorite night full of laughter and friends.



I knew there was real live grass somewhere on our ship and I was determined to find it. Jessica helped me! ;)


We were consistently surprised by all the extra yummies we were given in our stateroom

We were playing a game called heads or tails....someone flipped a coin and we would either put our hands on our head or booty. Our WHOLE sassy table put their hands on their butts!!!!! And we were all out the first round!
Our last stop was Victoria, where we took a bus out to Sidney and went to a night market. 


The poutine was VERY good!!!


It was a beautiful market and was fun to wander around and enjoy.


Hilde happened to be in Juneau while I was up there and she snapped a photo of our boat!!! 

I really had such an amazing trip and would do it again for sure. Great Yarns will be going to Hawaii next year and they will announce soon where the cruise will be in 2025. They seriously know how to put on an AMAZING cruise!!! I'm still day dreaming on putting on my own cruise...but I don't know if I can hold a candle to how phenomenal this group put things together!!!

Comments

  1. Hope you found the fudge shop in Juneau. So sticking’ good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet we visited some of the same Local Yarn Shops in Alaska! See my blog LYS: Alaska Cruise Edition at www.inspiremeyarns.com.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!