Skip to main content

Hilde's Corner - Faux Weaving

Hilde's Corner



We have weaving on our minds here at the shop! A Little Knitty has become a distributor of looms and weaving workshops are coming to the shop! Teresa has made a nice sample for the shop and I love it so much that I am now learning to weave, too. Kris just finished her first woven project and it turned out so pretty!


Going with this weaving theme, I just found out about this fun looking knitting pattern that incorporates weaving in the portion that has dropped stitches. No loom needed! The pattern is Weave in Knit Scarf by Naamo Ido. I think the stripes would be a really fun use of leftover yarn. The pattern is free on Ravelry and can be used with any weight yarn! Love that!


You can also get the look of weaving without actually weaving by knitting the linen stitch. It is a close facsimile to the look you get with weaving. Two examples of this are The Linen Stitch Cowl by Carly Stripe and Linen Stitch Beanie by Katrine


Both are free to download on Ravelry. They both used Malabrigo Arroyo, a sport weight yarn. I think Rainbow Beach would be great for this, too, with its color variations.


Here’s a pattern in linen stitch made with worsted weight yarn - Linen Weave Boomerang by Susan Ashcroft and sells for about $3.45 on Ravelry. She used Malabrigo Rios. I think a new yarn we just got in called Amano Warmi Journey would be fantastic for this because of its variegated colors. Noro Madara would also work well.

So you can see how easy it is to get the weaving bug, whether you actually weave or not!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!