Skip to main content

Cabo Trip



I very much enjoyed the all inclusive Mexico life!!! It was pretty much a week of reading (I NEVER have time to read just for fun), swimming, margarita drinking and so. much. food.


I wasn't planning to knit (hello, it's warm there) but I even found afternoons where the breeze off the ocean (see those palm trees swaying??) and the shade of our patio just screamed for me to knit!!

I brought my favorite travel project - the copilot cowl. You can find my recipe for this cowl HERE



While we were at lunch, our last full day, the sky absolutely opened up and DUMPED rain. We were told it rains a total of 5 days a year in Cabo, and it seemed all 5 days of rain came in like 10 minutes. We sat and ate soggy chips while everyone ran for cover. This whole resort is ALLLLLL outside, even the lobby....so the rain really messed with everything. But we are from the PNW...it was no big deal. When the water in the restaurant was reaching my ankles, I did start to doubt my life choices! ;)

As I popped a guacamole covered chip in my mouth, I remembered that my knitting was still on the uncovered porch. There wasn't much I could do at this point...so I just kept eating and told myself I would deal with the wet project later.


Let me tell you....wool is ABSORBENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This little ball that probably started out around 50 grams...had to have weighed 250 grams before I squeezed out the water. Some part of me thought I could just dry it out with a hairdryer, but it became obvious very quickly that this would NOT work!!!


I was sitting down trying to figure out what I was going to do, and noticed these little chairs had hooks at the top...PERFECT for drying yarn!!! 


I needed to speed up the process because I planned to knit on the way home and our flight left in less than 24 hours!


Eventually I got it dried enough to roll it back into a ball and tucked away in my carry-on.

I KNEW Cabo outlawed knitting in carry-ons...but I took off the tips of my interchangable needles and put them in a pencil pouch. My bag got flagged at security and I held my breath and HOPED nothing would be taken away from me. The security guard had my project bag in his hand, and I guess it didn't look exciting enough to inspect, so he shoved it back in and found my Tums (hello, I'm in Mexico, Tums were my afterdinner mints!!!)

Anyway, I guess he thought the Tums were the reason I was flagged...so he gave them another inspection and put them back and let me go. 

I was SOOOOOOOOO excited!!! But then I figured I shouldn't knit in the airport, in fear that security would come get me and my contraband! So I sat there, like a common person, on my phone catching up on everything that happened while I was in paradise!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!