Skip to main content

Copilot Remix




Years ago I found the Copilot Cowl by Dominique Trad on Ravelry and it had two of my ABSOLUTE favorite things...garter stitch and yarn overs! I cast one on for a trip I was taking and knit it while I was traveling. It was the perfect project to keep my attention, but I didn't need to take the pattern out constantly. After knitting one, I noticed that the length of it was just too long for my liking, I wanted it to be a simple, single-wrap cowl. I reworked it a little bit and it is my go-to when I have a skein of fingering weight yarn (especially if it is a singly-ply!!)

Copilot Remix

Materials:     1 skein 100g/440 fingering weight yarn (if your skein is a little more or a little less, no problem, I put in weights so you can use up all your yarn and not play yarn chicken!)
                     US6/4mm 24" circular knitting needles
                     Stitch Marker

Beginning Weight: **We recommend weighing your yarn (in grams)before you cast on...write it down!**

Cast on 160 stitches, place stitch marker and join in the round making sure not to twist.

Garter Round 1: Purl to the end of the round
Garter Round 2: Knit to the end of the round
Repeat Garter Rounds 1 & 2 two more times (3 garter ridges total)

Measurement #1: **Weigh yarn ball now and subtract this number from your beginning number. This is how many grams you need for your finishing edge!**

Mesh Round 1: (yo, k2tog) repeat parentheses until the end of the round
Mesh Round 2: knit to the end of the round
Repeat Mesh Rounds 1 & 2 nine more times, 10 repeats total.

Measurement #2: **Weigh yarn ball now and subtract from your beginning weight. This is how many grams you need for one repeat of the garter & mesh rounds.**

Repeat Garter Rounds 1 & 2 three times

Repeat Mesh Rounds 1 & 2 ten times

Continue repeating the Garter Rounds (3 times) and Mesh Rounds (10 times) three more times, you will have 5 mesh areas total. Weigh the yarn ball, if you have enough yarn to repeat both sections (your weight for Measurement #2) then you can keep going. If you only have enough yarn to finish the final Garter Rounds, then continue to the Final Garter Rounds below!

Final Garter Round 1: Purl to the end of the round
Final Garter Round 2: Knit to the end of the round
Repeat Final Garter Rounds 1 & 2 two more times (3 garter ridges total)

Bind off loosely, weave in ends and block!

Key
K - Knit
P - Purl
K2tog - Knit 2 stitch together
YO - Yarn Over



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!