Skip to main content

Kris' Corner - Last Minute Summer Projects

Summer is flying by and August will arrive this week.  Even though I woke up to rain this morning, I’m counting on a few more weeks of sunshine, shorts and sandals.  As I thought about what patterns to highlight I came across some pieces that just remind me of this fleeting but delightful time of year.

 

First up a pattern in honor of Hilde, who is currently out of the shop vacationing in Norway with her family. This Norwegian pattern is called, “Summer With The Elves” and is by Linnea Katarina. 




It has Hilde’s name all over it with a beautiful airy lace motif of leaves.  It is a sweet tank, perfect for warm summer evenings.  A great yarn for this would be Huasco Coton Kettle Dyes. The pattern is free on Ravelry.


Next up, “The Seacrest Tee” by Ashley Lillis. 



A group of Sit N Stitchers recently turned me on to Ashley Lillis and I found a few patterns I immediately put in my favorites file in my Ravelry account.  I really like this simple sweater resembling a boxy t-shirt.  It has a nice roomy drape and armhole depth that can easily be adjusted for a more custom fit.  I love the summer stripes.  The pattern is free on Ravelry and a great yarn choice would be Wool Pop!



“Bennet Bandana” is another pattern that caught my eye.  Such a fun idea to knit a lightweight bandana style scarf to take on and off depending on the weather. I love the picot lace edging and versatility.  If you don’t want to drape it you can roll it up to tie around your neck, just like a real bandana.  The pattern is by Anne Weil at Flax & Twine and is knit in a fingering weight linen.  I think any of our Fingering Weight Yarns would really show off this design. 

The pattern is $6.00 on Ravelry


Lastly, for you crocheters, a great summer hat called, “Halcyon Granny Square Bucket Hat”.  Bucket hats and granny squares seem to be very popular right now and this hat highlights both. You can wear it folded up to show your face or down in the “bucket” mode for full sun protection. A great yarn would be Cotton Supreme which comes in so many bright fun colors.  The pattern is by Jess Coppom and is $5.99 on Ravelry.  Foldable, it is a great travel hat to stick in your carryon.


So grab some yarn, needles and an iced tea and go outside and soak in that sun before it disappears.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!