Skip to main content

Kris' Corner - Stuffies

November is upon us and that means we are all starting to get into holiday mode. For me that means trying to set aside my current WIPs and focus on deciding who I want to make gifts for and what do I want to make them and get them started. This year I have a few kiddos on my list so my attention has been drawn to “Stuffies”, what some of us used to call “stuffed animals”. 

I have come across some pretty cute ones so I thought I would share some of them to inspire those of you who want to make one. Trust me, you don’t need to just give them to kids. Many adults, including me, love them and would be delighted to receive one. Alot of them are knit or crocheted in the round and simple added details at the end make them pop with cuteness. All of the following patterns are available on Ravelry!

First one is, “Mini Kitty Pouf” by Molly Rivera. I just finished making one for my niece’s daughter and it is soft and adorable. I know it will be added to her doll cart and be snuggled. The face on this cat is so irresistible that even my serious husband asked if we could keep this one and if I could make another one for the present. I used Belle Chenille in white and gray and it is super soft and plushy. The ears and whiskers make it come alive.

If you like the cat theme check out “Stuffies” by Ysolda Teague. It also uses bulky yarn and the cats are characters with their fun stitched eyes and elongated bodies. They remind me of cartoon characters. Yarn suggestions include Yarnalia Fluffy or Moonshine Bulky/Moonshine Bulky Dappled

Another sweet one is “Stuffy Owl” by Amanda Berry. This knit owl is so petite with big innocent eyes. I admit, I’m tempted to make at least one for my mantlepiece. Yarn suggestions include Uptown Worsted or Cozy Alpaca

As I looked through the patterns these Christmas stuffies also popped out at me. “Stuffy The Christmas Penguin” is a crochet pattern by Amy Ramnarine. It is made with worsted yarn...we highly recommend Uptown Worsted or Yarnalia Wooly. His sweet Santa hat and scarf make him very festive for the holidays.

The last one is probably my current favorite. It’s called “Gingerbread Boy” by Sara Elizabeth Kellner. This is a super easy knit pattern that comes alive with the added details that you add at the end including a cute bowtie, button vest and rickrack cuffs. I’m going to definitely give this one a go.

This list doesn’t even begin to show you all of the patterns and options out there.

Happy Stuffing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!