Skip to main content

I love our team!!

This week I did a lot of reflecting on the last 7.5 years...and how much my life has changed. When I decided to open a yarn shop, I don't think I ever thought it would grow to what it is today. I never made a plan for hiring anyone because I just figured I could do it myself (I'm positive my first words as a child must have been "I do it myself!!!")

I am a serial entrepreneur who has a passion for yarn, watching Shark Tank and being a little weird. I wanted to build something from nothing and put my own spin on what a yarn shop could be. Although I constantly dreamed of the entrepreneur life, I always held jobs where I was the assistant, the right hand, the behind the scenes support...and not to toot my own horn, but I was pretty good at it. I could sense what my boss needed and have it ready before he even knew he needed it. I didn't dream of being a boss, didn't seek out to be a boss and honestly didn't really know how to be a boss (and as I type boss over and over again, I still don't want to be a boss...I wanna be the conductor)

I say all of this because I really want to express how much I LOVE being the conductor of this group. Each person that has worked in the shop has been placed in my life at exactly the right moment, and I'm so thankful for that. 

The last 3 days I had the pleasure of holding an employee retreat that revolved around learning, enjoying each other, eating a ton of food and sharing a million laughs. 



It has seriously become my greatest joy to learn to be the best leader I can be for the most amazing group of humans. Of course I have made mistakes (and I will continue to, I'm a human) I have pivoted more times than I ever wish to count. We have all grown together so much and I can never, ever, ever, ever thank them enough for their time and talent. I'm so proud of where we have been, and where we are going. 

Thank you Sarah, Ali, Maribel, Amber, Jennifer, Hilde, Susan, Sherri, Rachel, Kris, Sandy, Teresa, Melinda, Jenny, Rowan and our many guest teachers who have popped into the shop over the years. Some of the names on this list you may not know because they were part of the shop in the early days (super super early days for some of these names!!!) and some do more behind the scenes tasks....but A Little Knitty would not have the soul that it does without what you have done for the shop! 

If you wanna see some cute pics of our retreat....keep scrolling....

Our quirky little house. It had the most beautiful kitchen, and really weird bathrooms! 

We ate WELL!!!!! Sherri really needs to go into catering!
Tech Time with Maribel! 
Not only did we knit, crochet, spin and talk about fiber...we learned how to use our phones!! 
When we got tired of knitting, we did a lot of surfing on Ravelry for our next project.
The lighting was not so great...Teresa was smart enough to bring her own light!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!