Skip to main content

Introducing our newest Employee - Rowan Nox

I'm SO excited to introduce you to Rowan Nox who is joining the A Little Knitty team in September!! Rowan will be helping with Kid's Klub on Wednesdays!



Hello my name is Rowan, I’m currently 18 and was the former president of my High School’s Knitting and Poetry Club. I’ve always enjoyed various forms of Art whether it’s Drawing, Crochet, Rainbow Loom, and many other things like Pottery and Literature. I have various hobbies and have learned a lot of things during my life that I now bring with me. My long-term ambitions include discovering more about myself as a person. I want to pursue art as a career, and working with A Little Knitty is one of the most exciting ways for me to develop and grow as an artist. I began knitting at a young age and then picked up on the rainbow loom, which some of you may be familiar with and have enjoyed in recent years, which quickly evolved into what I now enjoy with all my heart: Crochet. I Crochet clothing most of the time but sometimes I make small Amigurumi Plushies for my loved ones. Having an idea and bringing it to life brings me joy nothing else can ever bring me, the process of watching your creation come to life is something I want to share with everyone around me. The bliss of tying off your last stitch and admiring your efforts and hours of work is what keeps me passionate about Crochet and other forms of Art. I'm excited to teach and hopefully inspire anyone interested in beginning their own artistic journey; it all starts with practice, and I'm honored to be one of the people who can help you learn more about yarn and all the things you can create with it. I look forward to meeting you all and I’m sure we’ll have a wonderful time growing our skills as Artists. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!