Skip to main content

Hilde's Corner - Ode to Shawls

Hilde's Ode to Shawls

I love shawls. 

Shawls are my jam.

I love knitting them and I love wearing them. 

I feel they are the perfect project. Not as big as a sweater so they knit up faster, and the perfect accessory to throw on when you are a bit chilly or just need a little something to perk up an outfit. It took me a little while to figure out how to wear one, and honestly felt a bit silly at first, but once I figured out what I like, I have not looked back! I find in the winter months I will figure out my outfit for the day based on what shawl I want to wear! Some patterns require just one skein, which I love - I have so many single skeins. Shawls are the perfect use for those!


My favorite shape to wear is an asymmetrical triangle. Crescents are a close second. I love Janina Kallio's Antarktis. Many of her patterns would work great with variegated yarns. Antarktis uses fingering weight yarn. You could go one color, variegated or multicolored for this one. There are so many fingering weight yarns to choose from in the shop like....







...just to name a few!



I just came across this pattern recently and would love to try it. It's FREE on Ravelry! It's called Switchback Shawl by Bonnie Dean and seems to make good use of those mini skeins we all love so much. We have Rainier Roses mini skeins in the shop that would be perfect for this shawl (and Maribel just ordered more mini's to dye up....so we will have a restock soon!) Pair them with another fingering weight yarn and off you go!

~Hilde

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!