Skip to main content

New Yarn Shetland Lite by Queensland



We have a new yarn in the shop that I want to introduce! If you are a fan of Fair Isle knitting, especially if you have been dreaming of knitting a Fair Isle sweater and STEEKING it (cutting it wide open) this is the yarn for you!!!

Shetland Lite is an Organic Shetland Wool. Historically ever-popular Shetland wool has a well-earned reputation as a strong yet durable wool. This yarn is a loosely spun 2-ply perfect for both elegant shawls and garments. 

I decided to knit a hat with 3 different colors to get a feel for how the yarn knits up and how the colors work together. I was impressed by the crisp color changes and how "sticky" the yarn is. What I mean there is that the yarn really grabs onto the other yarns and you barely have to weave in an end. When I was done knitting the hat I just wove in the ends a tiny bit (habit...I couldn't not do it) then left the ends about 1/3" long. After blocking I got my finger wet and agitated the ends so that they would felt into the fabric. 

I have quite a bit leftover (there are 315 yards in 50 grams!!!) so I will be knitting some mittens and if I STILL have leftovers I'm thinking a cute Christmas ornament would be fun!!

If you are drawn to soft yarns, this one might be a little out of your comfort zone, but I HIGHLY recommend giving it a shot!



QUEENSLAND
Super Fine weight yarn
SUPER FINE

Shetland Lite

100% Organic Shetland Wool
Available as 50 gram x 315 yard skeins

You can find the free pattern HERE
My project page is HERE
Please note that I did find an error on the pattern:
On the fancy crown decrease, there is an error.
On the right-hand side rows 17, 18, 19, and 20 should have one less yellow block. On the left-hand side row 21 should have 1 more

You can find this yarn in-store or online HERE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!