Skip to main content

Baja Fish Tacos

Hold on to your britches....this is gonna blow em off!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/baja-fish-tacos-recipe/index.html


Ingredients

Directions

Heat about 3 inches vegetable oil in a medium pot over medium-low heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 degrees F. Meanwhile, toss the cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, honey and mayonnaise in a bowl. Season the slaw with salt.
Warm the tortillas in a skillet over medium-low heat or wrap in a damp cloth and microwave 25 seconds. Wrap in a towel to keep warm.
Mix the flour, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste in a shallow bowl. Dredge the fish in the flour mixture, then fry in batches until golden and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Season with salt.
Halve, pit and slice the avocado. Fill the tortillas with the fish, avocado, slaw and salsa. Serve with lime wedges.
Per serving: Calories 777; Fat 45 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 103 mg; Sodium 529 mg; Carbohydrate 66 g; Fiber 9g; Protein 31 g


That is heaven on a plate!!! It is beautiful and INSANELY yummy!!!

Although I will totally tattle on myself. I bought beer battered fish and skipped the breading and frying part. And the tortillas were store-bought, I didn't go whipping up my own batch or anything. I did make the coleslaw with my own two hands!

You MUST try this!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!