Skip to main content

Sea Change Fibers




Bloom is a very springy non-superwash Shaniko merino/rambouillet blend wool that is combined with 11% acrylic tweed in a variety of colors. The neps present a subtle rainbow of tweed flecks throughout the project. Shaniko wool is produced in the western US, in the Great Basin area from Oregon/Idaho down to California and Nevada. It is milled in the US. We love this yarn for its bouncy spin, excellent stitch definition, soft hand, and the fun pop of colors. Perfect for all sorts of garments, but especially sweaters and hats.

Name: Bloom Rainbow Tweed
Fiber: 89% Shaniko wool/11% acrylic/rayon 
Weight: worsted
Yardage: 210 yards
Construction: 3ply, worsted spun
Grams: 100g
Washing: Hand wash only and lay flat to dry


You can score a free printed pattern of our Heather Hat (which you can see knit up with Bloom Rainbow Tweed below) when you purchase a skein of this amazing yarn in-store!!!




 

Right now you can ONLY get this yarn in-store! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

Hilde's Corner

How are you all doing with holiday gifts? Still need a few to knock out quick-like? I found these cute gifts that I think could work up fast. For the book lovers on your list, I think these cute crocheted chicken bookmarks are hilarious! Crochet Colorful Chicken Bookmark by PurrCraftedDesign . The pattern sells for $4.95 on Ravelry and calls for a sport weight cotton. The shop sells a DK cotton that would also work beautifully for these cuties - Ricorumi Another bookmark pattern is Leaf Bookmark & Garland Motif by Joey Diehl . This pattern is FREE and calls for Worsted weight yarn, so Uptown Worsted would be perfect for this. How about a sweet pocket friend for a child? This one is super basic, called Worry Pet by Blue Fox Paws and is a FREE pattern and uses any gauge yarn! It would be fun to use a textured yarn, or a fuzzy kind, but any yarn works. You can opt to put the ears on or not. We have safety eyes in the shop, too! Do you know someone who uses Airpods and could use a co...