Skip to main content

Hilde's Corner May 1st

Yarn crawl is coming!

Yarn crawl is coming!

And have you met our squirrel mascot Dash?




Named after Dash Point State Park, he’s a little nutty about A Little Knitty, just like the rest of us here. To honor our dear little Dash we thought it would be fun to find some squirrel patterns! Most of these tend to be stuffies or stranded colorwork.


If you want to make your own little Dash (don’t forget to make his little red hat!), for the knitters out there you could knit Wee Woodland Wuzzies which is a collection of woodland creatures that includes a squirrel. The collection sells for about $3.80 and uses worsted weight yarn. 


Fuzzytuft Twins is one I knit a few years ago. It sells for $4.16 on Etsy. Ricorumi Solid would work for both of these patterns.


A stuffie pattern for crocheters is Asher the Squirrel by Craft Gibbon for $4.25 on Ravelry. Ricorumi DK would be nice for this little guy. 


Or Hygge Squirrel by Hooked by Kati that sells for $4 on Ravelry and uses worsted weight yarn. I think Uptown Worsted would be perfect for this one.


Other fun squirrel patterns include this cowl by Christelle Nihoul called Hazel & Nut which sells for about $7.23 on Ravelry. It features stranded colorwork squirrels and a tree! 



Or this Kurre Hat by Novita and it’s FREE! For this hat and the cowl before it, one could use Cascade Heritage or Malabrigo Ultimate Sock to make.


These socks are a FREE pattern by Erna de Groot called Squirrelysock pattern. It features stranded colorwork squirrels on the leg.


There’s even a sweater by Petite Knitter called Siksik sweater which has stranded colorwork squirrels and acorns. (I guess they are not actually squirrels but an animal called a Siksik from the Arctic, but they could easily be called squirrels!) It sells for $9.87 on Ravelry and calls for worsted weight wool.



Another crochet pattern is this sweet potholder called Squirrel Potholder by Rafaella Tassoni for about $3.34 on Ravelry. It calls for DK weight yarn and I think Ricorumi DK would work well for this.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

Hilde's Corner

How are you all doing with holiday gifts? Still need a few to knock out quick-like? I found these cute gifts that I think could work up fast. For the book lovers on your list, I think these cute crocheted chicken bookmarks are hilarious! Crochet Colorful Chicken Bookmark by PurrCraftedDesign . The pattern sells for $4.95 on Ravelry and calls for a sport weight cotton. The shop sells a DK cotton that would also work beautifully for these cuties - Ricorumi Another bookmark pattern is Leaf Bookmark & Garland Motif by Joey Diehl . This pattern is FREE and calls for Worsted weight yarn, so Uptown Worsted would be perfect for this. How about a sweet pocket friend for a child? This one is super basic, called Worry Pet by Blue Fox Paws and is a FREE pattern and uses any gauge yarn! It would be fun to use a textured yarn, or a fuzzy kind, but any yarn works. You can opt to put the ears on or not. We have safety eyes in the shop, too! Do you know someone who uses Airpods and could use a co...