Skip to main content

Kris' Corner - Fall Project Bags

September is already here, and just like my co-workers, I am already thinking and dreaming about starting up some Fall projects. I realized, this year, that I am a seasonal knitter and seem to compartmentalize my projects based on what season it is. I try, not always successfully, to complete certain projects in a given season, before I launch into the next one. Maybe a bit too organized for you but it seems to work for me. I had 4 projects dedicated to Summer and I’m trying with all my might to finish them before I cast on my Fall patterns. I guess I know myself too well that if I set those Summer ones aside there is a pretty good chance they will land in my hidden WIP pile. Here are the Fall projects I’ve chosen so far that are waiting in their bags for me to begin:

First bag contains the makings of a scarf called, “Imagine When” by Joji. I saw it on display at the Juni & Si trunk show at A Little Knitty and fell in love with the autumn colors and the interesting stitches. I picked up the yarn that day and bought the pattern from Ravelry for $6. So many great indie yarns would work for this lovely scarf.

Second bag has the makings of yet another scarf. This time I’m using some of the beautiful Blufiber Company pooling yarn. The pattern I’m using is called “Float” and is by Dawn Barker. I’ve never knit with pooling yarn before so I’m looking forward to seeing how the color plays out as I knit the scarf.

Third project bag has the ingredients for yet another scarf, but this time I’m crocheting rather than knitting. I just recently started crocheting so this is a good opportunity for me to improve my skills. I booked a private lesson, with our resident pro crochet teacher, Teresa, to help get me get started on this intricate pattern. The pattern is called, “Cherries” by Katya Novikova. I love the delicate lace pattern and the dark red is stunning. I was super excited to find the perfect yarn. It's by Malabrigo and is an Ultimate Sock weight in the color Cereza. I think it will work beautifully. My goal is to complete it to wear in the shop through the holidays!

Fourth bag, nope, not another scarf but contents for a sweater for my husband. I’m making the “Flax Pullover” by Tin Can Knits. Jen taught a sweater class on this classic sweater and I’m looking forward to giving it a go. If you are looking for a basic sweater to begin your sweater knitting journey this is the one for you. I’m using Universal Yarn Deluxe Worsted Tweed Superwash in a beautiful dark blue.

Well, no more Fall project bags for now but stay tuned. Hope this inspires you to pick out some fun projects and patterns to welcome in Fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!