Skip to main content

June 2020 Knit A Long

Yes! It was just so much fun we are doing it again!! I love knit-a-longs because it's great to be able to learn from each other, have accountability and a group of cheerleaders to help when you hit a road bump!!



This time around we are knitting the LOVENOTE SWEATER by Tin Can Knits! This sweater knits up FAST because it is on size 10 needles. I barely remembered casting it on...I think it's magical and might have knit itself!!!

The original pattern suggests a strand of fingering weight and a strand of mohair. When I found Lagom, a newer yarn in the shop, I KNEW it had to be a Lovenote Sweater. The chainette ply coupled with the light and airy cotton/wool blend just seemed like it would be the perfect fit. The yarn has a ton of yardage (218 yards for 50grams) which meant I would get a lot of bang for my buck! Never in my life would I have thought I could make a plus size sweater for this body with only 200g of yarn!! I did do a 3/4 sleeve and a bit of a cropped sweater.

I'm listing how much Lagom you will need for each sweater size for the longer sweater length. If you are substituting a different yarn, just remember this yarn is 218 yards for 50g.
For the smallest baby size you will need 1 ball.
For 6-12 month to 4-6 years you will need 2 balls
For 6-8 years to Adult Small you will need 3 balls
For Adult Medium to Large you will need 4 balls
For Adult XL/XXL you will need 5 balls
For the Adult 3XL-4XL you will need 6 balls
For the Adult 5XL you will need 7 balls


Details:
- Since this is a sized garment that will require different amounts of yarn, I'm not going to make kits.  Make sure to put 'Knit a long" in the Notes box! Your purchase of yarn will include the printed pattern as well as the digital version on Ravelry. https://www.alittleknitty.com/shop/June-2020-Knitalong.htm
- You will need US7-16" and 32", US10-16" and 32" you MIGHT need DPN for the sleeves, but I magic loop!
- You do not have to purchase the yarn from the shop to knit-a-long with us. You will need to purchase your pattern on Ravelry if you are not purchasing the yarn. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/love-note
- This is not a traditional class, just a casual gathering of people knitting the same thing! Of course you will have A Little Knitty friends there for you every step of the way, I will answer any question you have and the pattern has amazing resource links!
- You can read more about the pattern here: http://tincanknits.com/pattern-TCK-lovenote.html
- My favorite provisional cast-on is here: https://verypink.com/2016/01/06/provisional-cast-on-using-a-crochet-hook/
- Post anytime you like in our Facebook group if you have questions or just want to share: https://www.facebook.com/groups/996616350464774/
- Monday Zoom Meetings. Every Monday in June beginning June 1st at 7pm (email info@alittleknitty.com for link!)
- Prizes
- 1 Entry for joining
- 2 Additional entries for using Lagom Yarn
- 5 Entries for finishing by June 29th
- 3 Additional entries on top of the 5 above for finishing FIRST
There will be at least one $25 gift certificate awarded, but I will find more prizes based on how many people join in the fun!!!
On Monday, June 29th we will select the winner/winners!





Jen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!