Skip to main content

Kris' Corner - Welcome Fall

The weather is cooling and the leaves are turning and I’m getting excited about taking walks, drinking pumpkin lattes and knitting in my favorite season. What are your favorite things to do this time of year and more importantly what are you knitting or crocheting as Summer ends and Fall begins?


I’m hearing a lot of conversation in A Little Knitty about starting new projects and taking classes.  This is a great time of year to hop on board and cast on something new or sign up for a class and learn a new technique. I’ve recently started three new projects that will carry me into Fall and I’m excited to share them with you.



The first one is “Shores Cardigan” by Ashley Lillis.  Its a simple top-down raglan cardigan that is oversized with cropped sleeves and no buttons. It calls for a bulky yarn and I’ve picked Yarnalia’s Fluffy in the color, “Winter Stormy Sky”, which is a beautiful dark grey that will match just about anything. I’ve been wanting to make something with Yarnalia and here’s my chance.  The modest price point and range of colors make this an attractive yarn.  I’m looking forward to throwing this on over a t-shirt and jeans on a cold day or cool evening.  The simple open pattern with bulky yarn is going to make this sweater come together quickly.  The pattern is free on Ravelry.




Second is Easy Fingerless Mitts by Maggie Smith.  My husband has been wanting warm fingerless mitts to wear this Fall when he goes fishing and these are perfect.  He loves the simplicity of this pair and really wants them felted so I’m using a 100% wool yarn.  A great yarn for this would be Malabrigo Worsted (if you look at this yarn too long it starts felting...in a really good way!) or Deluxe Worsted (make sure you don't get the superwash version!!).  The pattern is free on Ravelry.



Last but not least I’ve started a Christmas stocking.  Every year I love knitting or crocheting a new stocking for my collection.  A customer came in and shared this pattern with me and I instantly knew I wanted to make it.  Its called “Stuff It Stocking” and is by Heather Walpole of Ewe Ewe Yarns.  I’m making it out of Deluxe Worsted Wool by Universal Yarn in “Fire Red” and “Christmas Green”.  The bright stripes are going to be so cool when I felt the stocking at the end.  The pattern is $7 on Ravelry.


We always love hearing what everyone is working on so be sure and share with us when you come into the store!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!