Skip to main content

Hilde's Corner

The Yarnalia trunk show is happening right now in the shop which is the perfect time for me to tell you what’s on my needles currently!



I am knitting with Yarnalia’s Wonder, a DK weight yarn, and I’m knitting Basic Cardigan: Drop-Shoulder Construction by Amy Herzog. I’ve been meaning to use this yarn ever since Jen brought it into the shop and I’m enjoying it very much. I’ve tended to stay away from acrylic as it doesn’t breathe well but this is a mix with 30% wool so I am looking forward to seeing how this yarn will perform. I’m finding that this yarn is NOT splitty at all! It almost looks like it has been felted, though it has not. I don’t know how they do that, but it’s pretty cool. If you don’t like splitty yarn, this yarn is for you! It is super soft and I will love being able to just toss it into the machine to wash.




I am also planning to knit Stephen West’s Westknits MKAL 2024, Go Go Dynamo which begins October 3. I have my yarn picked out: Malabrigo Ultimate Sock in Pearl Ten and Pearl. Those of you who will participate, I can’t wait to see what yarn you will choose! As Jen says, one always learns something with Stephen West, and I’m always willing to learn as much as I can when it comes to knitting.



So - for the crocheters out there… My husband and son recently watched the newest Alien movie. Somehow my hubby found out there is a crochet pattern called Alien Xenomorph by Woollycubs (it sells for about $5.22 on Ravelry). He loves it so much, he has decided he wants it enough to learn how to crochet just so he can have it! There has been a lot of teaching going on in our household, as well as a lot of cursing, but he’s actually getting it. I had him crochet a simple shaped project first just so he could get a handle on how stitches are made, and he finished that with flying colors. He’s just begun his little Xenomorph this evening and it’s going well so far! He’s using Ricorumi DK in pistachio (no black! I don’t want him hating the whole process because he can’t see!) I’ll keep you posted with his progress.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!