Skip to main content

November 14, 2012 - What's In My Crockpot?

Overachiever of the day goes to....ME!!!!! No blog posts for months...then...BLAMO...3 in one day!

But I had to share what is in my crockpot right now!

http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/diabetic-recipes/30-minute/easy-recipes-in-a-bowl/

I doubled the recipe and I will add peas near the end (I don't think they will last 8 hours in the crockpot). I'll let ya know how it turns out...but so far it's looking fantastic!

What's in YOUR Crockpot today?

*UPDATED*

Oh goodness, sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself....other times you need to publish your mistakes so that OTHER people can laugh at you.

This weekend we went to Seattle and I picked up some pretty colored carrots. Today, when I was prepping the meal I linked above, I pushed the baby carrots that I purchased for the meal to the side and headed straight for the beautiful Pike Place Market carrots. I peeled, chopped and dumped the beauties into the crockpot. I then turned the crock pot off and left it to do its thing...

A few hours later I peeked inside (I know, the crock pot rules are DO NOT PEEK...I live dangerously!) and to my shock....my chicken looked like this:


The beautiful purple carrots had turned my chicken a funky purple-ish color...and the broth was also the same shade. Isn't that appetizing??? 

Hope it tastes better than it looks! :)

*SECOND UPDATE*

I greatly enjoyed this dinner, but there are a few things I would do differently. I would thicken the sauce a bit more and use more of a flour based biscuit than the corn bread based one. Luckily, the purple-ness dulled and the meal was not a visual disaster. The flavors were very good though, it received thumbs ups from the kids and husband!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!