Skip to main content

Hilde's Corner

Summer season is soon upon us, and I hope you still have plans for your fiber crafts. Summer is a busy season! I don’t know about you, but I knit year-round. Now, I may not want a huge afghan or sweater in my lap during the summer, but there are plenty of smaller, lighter projects we can still work on and keep our hands and brain in the fiber arts game. Here are a few small projects that caught my eye.


Eugénie by Soligreen design selling for about $8.50 on Ravelry is a cute, flowing summer top. It is knit up using sport weight yarn and I think United by Queensland would be lovely for this.



Socks are an obvious choice for knitting in the summer. These socks would be great for using those mini’s you don’t know what to do with, or leftover scraps you have. Patchwork house socks by autumngeisha are free on Ravelry and look like tons of fun to make. We have mini’s by Rainier Roses in bright happy summer colors that would be tons of fun to use for these socks.


I just finished a pair of socks using the pattern Nordic Lights by Bernadett HegedĂĽs It sells for $5.80 on Ravelry. The heel is done a bit differently and I loved the fun star pattern on top, contrasted with the stripes everywhere else. The double rolled cuff is a cute touch. I used Rainier Roses minis for mine in bright neon colors! I just needed 2 mini’s of each color. I had lots of fun choosing colors for these socks, and might have to make more in other colors!


Long Island Twilly by Jennifer Shiels Toland is a cute super skinny scarf that would be really quick to knit up. It sells for $4.50 on Ravelry and can be used for any gauge yarn!! I think a new yarn to the shop that would work well is Trill by Urth yarns. It is a blend of merino and linen. Malabrigo’s Silky Merino would be pretty for this, too.


This next one is worked in crochet and just looks fun all around. Large Fidget Dragon by Amanda Ray for $4 on Ravelry looks super cute and would work up fast, too. These cute dragons are made with worsted weight yarn. I think Uptown worsted would be perfect.


Another crochet pattern that looks fun and useful are these 10-in-1 Foldable Fruit Market Bags by Nicole Riley. How cute are they? The bottom is a slice of fruit (ten different fruits to choose from) that stores the rest of the bag when not in use. Open up the fruit slice and you’re ready to bag up items. Uptown Worsted would be my go-to yarn for these fun fruits. Lots of color options and nice and washable.


Whatever you are working on this summer, I hope you keep those needles and hooks moving!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

Hilde's Corner

How are you all doing with holiday gifts? Still need a few to knock out quick-like? I found these cute gifts that I think could work up fast. For the book lovers on your list, I think these cute crocheted chicken bookmarks are hilarious! Crochet Colorful Chicken Bookmark by PurrCraftedDesign . The pattern sells for $4.95 on Ravelry and calls for a sport weight cotton. The shop sells a DK cotton that would also work beautifully for these cuties - Ricorumi Another bookmark pattern is Leaf Bookmark & Garland Motif by Joey Diehl . This pattern is FREE and calls for Worsted weight yarn, so Uptown Worsted would be perfect for this. How about a sweet pocket friend for a child? This one is super basic, called Worry Pet by Blue Fox Paws and is a FREE pattern and uses any gauge yarn! It would be fun to use a textured yarn, or a fuzzy kind, but any yarn works. You can opt to put the ears on or not. We have safety eyes in the shop, too! Do you know someone who uses Airpods and could use a co...