Skip to main content

Woolly Wormhead Hats

One of my favorite hats ever is the Toph hat by Woolly Wormhead. Years ago a customer brought this hat to my attention and a few of us knit it. The hat became such a hit that it became one of our best selling classes (and I cannot WAIT to teach it again!!!!)



That same customer sent me a message recently with a new photo and I fell in love once again. Woolly Wormhead knows how to design amazing hats. I would love to see her creative process, she comes up with the most interesting creations.  She recently released an eBook with her 5 newest designs. 

Imperceptions is a collection of Hats that uses unconventional stranded colourwork to create the illusion of manipulated fabric. With carefully placed colour and simple stitches, Imperceptions creates the impression of depth and movement on a flat surface, mimicking the complexities of construction techniques without altering a single stitch.


Each Hat in the Imperceptions collection is knitted bottom-up and in the round. The ideal yarn for these Hats is 4-ply or light sportweight, in a multi-plied fibre with some natural give, such as merino. The illusions look their best in two high-contrast colours.


How gorgeous are these hats???








All of these hats were created with Malabrigo Arroyo which we have in stock!! We were able to score the dark blue (Regatta Blue) and orange (Flama) that was used in the Daeleus hat. You can order the yarn here: https://www.alittleknitty.com/shop/Yarn/Malabrigo/p/Malabrigo-Arroyo-x43842962.htm




Jen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!