Skip to main content

Zooey - Yarn of the Month

I haven't done a great job of chatting about the yarn of the month for July!! 

Zooey by Juniper Moon Farm is a 60% Cotton and 40% Linen yarn that might not be the softest yarn out there (let's be honest...linen just isn't the loveable, super-soft, squishy sweetheart of the yarn world) BUUUUT it creates the most beautiful, light fabric that softens after a good soak and some wear. It's breathable and comfortable to wear all summer long and makes the BEST summer wraps and tops!! 

Last summer I knit up the Cancun Boxy (free pattern on Ravelry - takes 2 balls of yarn - this green is Broccolini) and it has become a staple in my wardrobe! A customer finished hers this week and I LOVE it in green (and she is TOTALLY smiling under that mask...you just can't see it!) I feel like I might need one in every color!!

This morning our lovely employee, Hilde (who got to work in the shop ONE day before we got shut down for Covid...I can't wait to have her back some day!!!!) stopped by with a finished object that also made me swoon!

Below is the Catalan Shawl ($5 on Ravelry - takes 2 balls of yarn - Hilde used the colorway Bayleaf) and this shawl is worked sideways with increases and decreases to form a shallow triangular shawl shape. The stitch instructions are charted only. It's delicate and lovely and I can't stop looking at her. That edge!!!! It gives me all the heart eyes!



Another fun shop sample is the Party Favor (free on Ravelry - 3 balls of yarn)



If you want to get in on the 20% off sale...head on over to our website! We are also happy to place a special order if we are missing a color you would like!!



Jen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!