Skip to main content

Moving madness!!!

So I thought I came up with a stellar idea today! I decided to send my kids and hubby away so that I could pack up their rooms and stage everything downstairs so that our actual move day would go lickety split. And I would clean all three bathrooms, pack the kitchen and clean it too. That doesn't sound like a lot on paper...at least it didn't at the time.

HOLY CRAP WE HAVE A LOT OF STUFF!!!!!!!

I currently have a waterfall of sweat running down my face and I'm taking a blogging break so that I don't fall dead!the good news...I get to eat ANYTHING I want to today with no guilt!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm so thrilled to be moving and this will make the actual day a lot easier, but I might have bit off more than I could chew! It also doesn't help that while bringing the second box of the day down the stairs I miscalculated the distance between the box and the wall and lost some skin on the very textured wall! I'm now sporting the only band aids I could find...pretend the picture is here, my phone won't let that happen so it is at the bottom.

Ok...so I had a reason for this blog post...other than a pity party for one!

Awhile ago on one of my Pinterest benders I came across this idea to put a bag around the clothes while they are still on the hanger to make moving easier. I gave it a shot and it is pretty awesome!!!

I won't lie, it isn't the easiest to do by yourself, but just keep working all the clothes into the bag and it will come together. For the kids' clothes I put their extra hangers into the bottom of the bag then put the bag around the clothes. My daughter has a lot more clothes so hers was a bit more challenging and I couldn't tie it at the top. Thanks, Pinterest...you yet again rock my world!!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!