Skip to main content

Hilde's Corner

The holidays are nearly here, and hopefully you’ve all finished any gift knitting you were hoping to do! I just got mine done, and love the feeling of looking forward to a little selfish knitting. Maybe even something a little mindless. 



I allowed myself to cast-on for Antarktis by Janina Kallio which goes for about $9.68 on Ravelry. It’s one I’ve knit before but I really love it.(it’s one of those that’s fun to knit as well as wear!) As it calls for a fingering weight yarn, I decided to do it this time in Malabrigo Mechita.


Another simple shawl/scarf that caught my eye is My Little Lace Scarf by Lisa Hannes, about $7.40 on Ravelry. It does have lace work on it, but it doesn’t look terribly complicated. It also uses fingering weight yarn. I would definitely use a solid or tonal for this, nothing with any variegation as it would take away from the lacework. Heritage Sock from Cascade would be so pretty for this. Herriot Fine by Juniper Moon Farm would be beautiful for this as well and so soft. Another yarn I have been wanting to try is Queensland’s Kathmandu. How luscious it would be with a touch of silk and cashmere. This would work great for this scarf.


Here’s a simple yet fun hat using slipped stitches and stripes- Josue’s Hat by Cynthia Spencer. It sells for $5.99 on Ravelry and would be a great one for using up leftovers.(maybe you have a lot leftover after all the gifts you’ve knit!) It calls for worsted weight yarn and suggests Malabrigo Rios, but one could also use Yarnalia’s Wooly or Universal Yarn’s Deluxe Worsted.


This cowl looks so fun as it uses Juniper Moon Farm’s color gradient Cumulus along with a solid to create the look. It’s Lollygag by Aimee Pelletier and is FREE on Ravelry! I love how the color gradient switches places with the solid halfway into the cowl to create a new look to both halves.

I wish you all happy holidays and best wishes for the new year! May the new year be filled with fiber crafting of your favorite sort.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!