Skip to main content

Kris' Corner - Warm Weather Sweaters

With Spring in full gear and Summer just around the corner, I’m excited about spending more time outside in our beautiful Northwest enjoying the long sunny days as well as the beautiful cool evenings. The temperature is just about perfect and with the long hours of sun, we have many visitors during this time of year. Can you blame them!? As I think about BBQing and hiking and exploring our lovely region I’m thinking about knitting, of course, I am! Lightweight sweaters that feel good when there is a cool breeze for an evening outside yet aren’t bulky. Different yarns that breathe and flow with a nice drape.

The first one I found is “Seven Sisters Top” by Sloane Lacasse. I love the loose drape of this short sleeve scoop neck top. Perfect to throw over a tank or by itself and wear with shorts or jeans or even over a flowing skirt. I chose to make it in Malabrigo Rios in Aquamarine. I love the beautiful ocean blues. It makes me want to walk on a beach and feel the sand between my toes. 

I just cast on last night and here is a pic of the ribbing I started. 

Another one that caught my eye is “Ananke Tee” by Dawn Catanzaro. This Vneck, ¾ sleeve top is shown in organic linen but our new cotton would be perfect. This sweater also has a light flow to it making it super comfortable. I love the effortless construction with raw edges on the sleeve cuffs and hems. This would be a great one for those of you thinking of cruising this summer.

Lastly, I came across this sweet baby sweater called “Little Willet” also by Dawn Catanzaro. I love the the garter stitch rows on the round yoke neck and sleeves. Yarn suggestions include Bamboo Pop or Cherub DK. Yes, both of these are considered DK, but they would be perfect for this knit because they really are a light DK.

Some people think that warm weather isn’t the time to knit sweaters but I disagree. It’s a great time to try some different styles and yarns that knit up differently than the Fall and Winter sweaters. So take advantage of this special time of year before the cold and rains set in again.

Update...this sweater is SO addictive...here is my progress!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!