Skip to main content

Hilde's Corner - Look at this blanket!!

Hello Everyone! I hope those who participated in the Yarn Crawl last weekend had a lot of fun. It was sure a lot of fun on our end. It’s fun to see so many happy, smiling faces!


With warmer temps and sunnier days it is harder and harder to look at thick, woolen things to create. I know I start looking for smaller projects so I am not buried under a mountain of very warm wool! Socks are a big project for me in summer but let’s see what else I can find.





I have to say the most interesting find for me was, believe it or not, a blanket! But it’s made in sections so you only ever have a small section to work on at any one time – no being buried under mountains of wool! Rainforest Bloom by Jenise Hope is an absolute stunner! It is available on Ravelry for about $6.24 and is knit up in worsted weight. I think using Uptown Worsted or Cotton Supreme would work great for this. You could knit up sections during the summer and then sew them all together in the fall in time for a snuggly blanket in the winter!



 

Of course you can knit up summer tops and tees. I have always wanted to do mosaic knitting but for some reason have not done so yet. But this tee incorporates it beautifully. Afternoon in Lisbon (Top) by Lisa Hannes knit up in fingering weight. Available on Ravelry for about $8.60. She uses Malabrigo Mechita, but you could use any fingering weight, including fun locally dyed yarns. Match a variegated with a solid and you’d have a winner!


 

There’s a yarn in the shop that I think would make great summer tees and tops. It’s called Bel Viso by EYB. It’s a cotton/linen blend with some nettle fiber as well. It’s fingering weight yarn and I think I would like to use it for Cullum by Isabell Kraemer. Pattern on Ravelry for about $6.50. Another yarn option would be Huasco Coton Kettle Dyes, an all cotton yarn in fingering weight.

 

I hope you find that perfect summer project!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!