Skip to main content

Hilde's Corner - Malabrigo March

I've been distracted from my other knitting projects while I participate in Malabrigo March on Ravelry with the Malabrigo Junkies Group!


It's not too late to join in the fun - it runs all month and finishing is not a requirement. It's all about casting on!


For this KAL, I am knitting Hygge Cowl by Kristen TenDyke in Malabrigo Silky Merino and I am loving this pattern! It's a simple lace pattern and it seems to fly off the needles. Slight shaping is done by changing needle sizes. I can't wait to wear it. The pattern is $5.99 on Ravelry. Of course, you can use any yarn in DK. I think it would look great in Jody Long's Ciao.


I am also knitting Comfrey cowl by Sara Gresbach ($4 on Ravelry) and using Malabrigo Mecha. Another quick knit in bulkier yarn and a simple lace pattern. It would be so cozy in Juniper Moon's Beatrix! That yarn is so soft. I have another cowl knit up in that and I swear it's like wearing a kitten around your neck! I can't take it off!


The last item I'm knitting for the KAL is Brookgreen Cardi by Laura Aylor ($7 on Ravelry). I am using Malabrigo sock, but any fingering weight yarn would work (yes, fingering. Yes...I'm crazy!!) If you are crazy too, I think Shetland Lite would be another great option (the Malabrigo sock I am using I had difficulty getting gauge, I think the Shetland Lite would work much better).

If you want to join in the fun, it's not too late to join. Maybe I'll see you over there - I help out in the "Plump" thread where people using bulkier Malabrigo are chatting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!