Skip to main content

My Heart is Melted!!!



Last week was a rough one for me personally....then someone stole my yarn bomb. I think if it had been there awhile, I wouldn't have been so frustrated, but I just finished it January 19th (ya, I know this because I have been logging everything I've been making...GO ME!!!) Anyway, while creating it I flared up my tendonitis SO bad that I'm still paying for it. So to have the yarn bomb stolen just added insult to actual injury!

An AMAZING customer offered/insisted on making another one and she worked FAST!! It was so fun to install it last week and made me happy knowing what an amazing community we have. 

So imagine my surprise this morning as I walk around the corner to see the shop completely yarn bombed!! I gasped and then burst into tears (if you were driving by, you probably thought I lost my darn mind!!!) 


This photo doesn't do it justice...all I saw was that BEAUTIFUL pole full of color and the trash can. Then I started noticing a few on other poles and trees...then this heart


My love language is Acts of Service....and this has been the most beautiful act of love by our community and I can NEVER say thank you enough. I had my suspicions on who might have been up to this...but was surprised again when I received this photo. 


It has been COLD and I know it can be a pain to install these suckers...so you ladies deserve MUCH applause! And their sweet little hearts even made some removable...so if they are needed as blankets...they could be used as such and maybe, just maybe they will leave the rest of it alone! ;)

Thank you for being such lights in the world! Thank you for touching my heart when I needed it so badly. Thank you for lifting me up when I needed it most. Thank you for being part of this amazing fiber community that I love so much. Thank you for reminding me why I'm so blessed to get to do what I do! Thank you for letting love win! <3










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!