Skip to main content

Meal Plan February 9th

Last night I was dinkin' around on the internets and found a couple recipes that sounded yummy, so I jotted them down and realized I had planned most of the meals for the week...usually it doesn't come together so easily. Here is what I planned:


Monday: Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken, brown rice (make extra for meatloaf tomorrow) and edamame http://lakelurecottagekitchen.com/2011/08/30/crock-pot-teriyaki-chicken/

Tuesday: Southwest Meatloaf http://pinlavie.com/southwestern-meat-loaf/

Wednesday: Chicken Cordon Bleu http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/02/slow-cooker-chicken-cordon-bleu/ 

Thursday: Cilantro Steak & Potatoes (for Valentine's Day)

Friday: Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup


Then today I went grocery shopping. I stopped by Sam's first, to see if I could find a deal on meat (usually I have a lot of my proteins for the week in the freezer, so my grocery bill isn't too bad...today I had nothing...so it was going to hurt!!)

Lately I have been getting killer deals on skinless, boneless chicken thighs, today there were NONE! While scoping out the meat section, I spied Corned Beef!!! I have been wanting Corned Beef SO bad and have some cabbage in the fridge just screaming to be used...so in the cart it went. I had to remove something from my list, so off came the Teriyaki Chicken.

I did find a 5 lb pack of ground turkey, so the Southwest Meatloaf secured its spot on the meal plan for the week. And I figured I could make a spaghetti sauce with some of the meat and throw the rest in the freezer...so spaghetti was added and Broccoli Cheese Soup was removed.

Then I passed this artichoke stuffed chicken that was pretty much heat and eat. I thought about how much I have been cooking from scratch lately, and how it has been healthier...but I'm feeling a little burnt out. In jumped the Artichoke Chicken and Chicken Cordon Bleu fell off the list.

So, this is what the meal plan ended up looking like:

Monday:Corned Beef & Cabbage

Tuesday: Southwest Meatloaf

Wednesday:Pasta

Thursday: Cilantro Steak & Potatoes (I need to pick up the steaks still)

Friday: Artichoke Chicken




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!