Skip to main content

Another week, another meal plan

So, it is obvious that my life is extremely exciting lately when my ONLY blog posts are meal plans...but it is pretty much my only blog worthy activity. Our days are fairly mundane, filled with grocery shopping, trips to the library, preschool, working out at the Y (as much as humanly possible), making meals, cleaning up the neverendingmesses and being thankful I made it through another day. Thrilling, eh?  

We are also trying to purchase a house, which seems to be a lot of leg work...but we won't know for 3 months if we actually get it. It is fun to dream though, and if we don't get it...I have many photos and plans on how to update it that I can drop in the mail to the new owners. That's not creepy at. all.

I usually meal plan on Sunday for the rest of the week, but decided to walk on the wild side and meal plan on Saturday...whooo hoooo I have found that posting my meal plan for the week is also helpful for me when I'm in the grocery store and forget my list, I can at least see what the meal plan is for the week on my blog! Win, win!

I think I've mentioned it before, but we get a basket from bountiful baskets each Saturday. And the haul today really helped me plan our week. We received a huge head of cabbage, head of cauliflower, 2 huge sweet potatoes, radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers, bananas, strawberries, lots of little apples and a couple asian pears. All the fruit will be demolished by my kids within days (maybe hours), the tomatoes, radishes and cucumbers make a great salad for lunches and all the other stuff found its way into a dinner. It was a great basket and I'm continually shocked at what $15 buys you in produce.

Alright....on with the show!


Sunday
Chicken, Potatoes & Green Beans

I received this recipe from a friend...here it is as she wrote it...
4-6 raw chicken breasts, new potatoes, green beans (fresh or canned-really any green veggie would work. Broccoli is good, too). Arrange in 9x13 dish. Sprinkle with a packet of Italian dressing mix and then top with a melted stick of butter. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Enjoy!

I'm going to switch it up a bit and use boneless, skinless chicken thighs, regular potatoes, green beans, ranch dressing mix and butter. If it turns out, I'll let ya know. If it sucks, I'll come and cross out all this stuff! :)

Monday 
Chicken & Rice Soup
I'm going to use this recipe, but use rice instead of pasta
http://pinterest.com/pin/40673202856642072/ 

Tuesday
Pork Chops & Cabbage
Going to actually use this recipe...and not change anything. wow! There are very few ingredients...so I think I can stick to it!
http://southernfood.about.com/od/porkchops/r/uc50422.htm

Wednesday
Mexi Crockpot Chicken 

I'm actually going to triple this and bring two meals to mommas that just had babies
http://bemorewithless.blogspot.com/2012/11/mexi-crockpot-chicken.html

Thursday
Tilapia & Roasted Cauliflower

Friday
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Stew
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/sweet-potato-black-bean-stew/
 
 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!