Skip to main content

Crockpot Italian Chicken Pasta

I have been trying to use more homemade dressings and marinades. I gave this dressing a shot:


Zesty Italian Dressing Recipe

Ingredients
1 cup of the vinegar (any type is fine, whether ACV, wine vinegar, rice vinegar, etc...)
1 1/3 cup of olive oil or other oil (I usually do half olive oil, half cheaper oil)
2 tablespoons of water
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon honey, white sugar, or sucanat
1 tablespoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoons salt

Ok...so let's get to my recipe for Crockpot Italian Chicken Pasta

Ingredients

1 cup Italian Dressing
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
4 oz cream cheese
1 bag frozen veggies (broccoli, carrots, etc)
8 oz Penne Pasta (we used Trader Joes, I like the brown rice one)
Parmesan Cheese (if that is your thing)

Combine Italian Dressing and chicken and marinade overnight (or you can freeze and thaw later)

Toss the thighs (with marinade) into the crockpot for 8 hours on low.

When there is about 30-60 minutes left cook the veggies and boil the pasta and remove the chicken and add cream cheese to the liquid in the crockpot.

Shred up the chicken and toss it back in, adding the cooked veggies drained penne pasta

Keep everything warm using the Warm or Low setting, until you are ready to eat.

Top with Parmesan cheese.

This made 4-6 servings...depends on who you are feeding!!





I gave both kids a pretty big helping, but didn't think they would finish it. And they both did!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!