Skip to main content

I finally made a paint decision!

Sometimes too much time is a curse! I have been throwing around paint colors since January...and I really thought I had made a decision until I put the paint chips in the house. The grey-beige I had my heart set on just wasn't enough of a contrast and didn't have the warm feeling I was hoping for.

So off to Lowe's I went (I believe this was trip number 6 in 3 days). When I pulled up to the store I took one final swig of my latte and set it back down in the cup holder and a little bit sloshed out. When I did this I noticed that my latte was the EXACT color I was looking for. So I snapped a photo and use my newest app (ColorClix by Olympic paint) to color match my latte to the closest paint color. It came up with a few different options so I went into the store and found the paint chips. Some were just wrong, while others were close. I perused the valspar paints too and instantly spied 'skinny latte'!!!

It. Was. Perfect.

Hopefully we will start painting tomorrow and it will prove to be perfect as I think it will be.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!