Skip to main content

Head first down the weaving black hole



I need a new hobby like I need a hole in my head, but my arm has been bothering me (this tendonitis won't let up!!!) so I swept the dust off the weaving loom I bought in April 2020 and begged Teresa to show me her ways. 

Putting the loom together wasn't too hard, and the set-up was much better with Teresa holding my hand. I decided to make a scarf first, but my real goal in life is to make dish towels....TONS AND TONS OF DISH TOWELS!!!!!  

I wouldn't say that I've found my new passion in life, but I don't usually embrace a new hobby well. I want to be instantly proficient and not struggle (I know y'all understand!). But that's just not how life works! 

If you are curious about weaving, stop into the shop and try my loom. We have access to order in any loom Ashford makes. And their shipping is INSANELY FAST!!!!


We do have this new book in the shop if you are looking for a great weaving reference guide!! You can find the book in-store or online HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!