Skip to main content

#hatnothate


F.A.Q's


Q: What exactly is #HATNOTHATE? 
A: #HATNOTHATE was launched in 2018 as an antibullying campaign founded by Shira Blumenthal. We encourage people to make, wear, and post handmade blue hats, adding #HATNOTHATE when sharing on social platforms. Hats are distributed to schools nationwide, educating students about the message of kindness. 

Q: Why do the hats need to be blue? 
A: The color blue represents awareness, peace, and solidarity. Blue is the color to wear in support of anti-bullying. 

Q: What are the requirements for the blue hats I want to donate? 
A: As we are looking to fit a wide range of sizes (for ages 5 to 18), most hat sizes are appropriate, i.e. ranging from 16 inches to 20 inches in circumference. Close-fitting beanie style as well as slouchy style hats are welcome. 
 • Hats should be handmade using any blue yarn and should be at least 75% blue  
• Blue hats need to be received by August 1, 2022. 

Q: Where do I donate my blue hat? 
A: #HATNOTHATE has partnered with small businesses across the United States. These locations are referred to as our Official Drop-off Points. Find your local Drop-off Points on our website. HINT: A LITTLE KNITTY IS AN OFFICIAL DROP-OFF POINT!!!

Q: Where do my hats go? 
A: The official #HATNOTHATE Drop-off Points will partner with local schools. These schools will receive handmade blue hats. 

Q: How do I post on social media about #HATNOTHATE? 
A: Take a picture with your blue hat and post it on Facebook or Instagram, and add #HATNOTHATE. 

Q: Where do I find #HATNOTHATE gear? 
A: In the shop section of our website 

Q: Is the wooden tag required? 
A: No, the tags are optional. 

Q: Can I add a pom-pom? 
A: Yes, pom-poms are accepted.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!