Skip to main content

Penna Yarn

Penna is a brand-spankin-new yarn from Universal. Spun in Italy, Penna is a luxurious lace-weight blend of baby Suri alpaca, extra-fine merino, and nylon. It features a gorgeous halo that adds an ethereal quality to any project. On its own, Penna is best suited for garments and accessories with a loose gauge. When held with another yarn, the possibilities are endless!!

I have a mohair allergy, so I was SOOOOOOOOO insanely excited for this yarn. I ordered it in 1 colorway and got to work on patterns that I've always wanted to knit, but couldn't do the mohair aspect of it. (By the way...I totally have a GREEN theme going on with my last few projects!)

Leni is a free hat on Ravelry that has a folded under brim (it doesn't flare out when you wear it...that's just the fact that these mannequin heads are TINY!!!!) and a little tree detail. It's knit with 1 strand fingering weight (we recommend your favorite indy dyer or Malabrigo) plus the 1 strand Penna.

If you are curious what other projects could be great with this yarn...check out this bundle we curated...
https://www.ravelry.com/bundles/faux-mohair---penna-ideas

Here is a blog post from Universal with more information!  http://blog.universalyarn.com/2020/08/12/yarn-spotlight-penna/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!