Skip to main content

Back on track with Meal Planning

At one point I was REALLY good at planning meals each Sunday for the full week...then life got uber chaotic and honestly I just gave up. I still had a vague idea of what was going on...but grocery shopping took place without an itemized list and most afternoons it was a surprise to me what I would whip together for dinner (thankfully these skills have improved over the years...early in our marriage this would have resulted in me looking through the pantry and having cheerios and skittles for dinner!)

This is a short week for me because I don't need to make dinner Friday night...so I sat down with the task of finding 4 yummy meals for the next 4 days AND making the shopping list fairly simple because my hubby was helping me out by going grocery shopping for me (he doesn't love grocery shopping and I usually end up confusing him...resulting in me being on the phone with him during his shopping excursion).

One of my biggest challenges with meal planning is my new found gluten intolerance. I really want to stick with whole foods and not rely on overly processed foods that have been chemically created to be gluten free (there is a blog rant brewing about this...) my biggest hurdle has been my favorite dinner, Hawaiian Haystacks, and finding a completely wheat free recipe...but I finally found a good one!

So here is our week! Monday I will prep the meatloaf and tatertot casserole for later in the week as well as cook the crock pot chicken....the rest of the week will be easy peasy after getting this work out of the way on Monday!

Monday: Lemon garlic Chicken
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/05/lemon-and-herb-crockpot-roasted-chicken.html

Tuesday: Tatertot Casserole 
This recipe: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/tater-topped-casserole-111257.aspx
but using this for the cream of mushroom soup http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-cream-soups-recipe/ 
and using ground turkey in place of ground beef

Wednesday: Hawaiian Haystacks 
http://reallifedinner.com/homemade-creamy-chicken-sauce-for-hawaiian-haystacks/

Thursday: Meatloaf
http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/recipes/main-dish/turkey-meatloaf-muffins-recipe/

What are you up to this week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!