Skip to main content

My "assistant"

So I have this insanely cute "assistant" who works for hugs! :) I call my three year old my assistant because sometimes she really assists me...and other times it is intended to be sarcastic! ;) There are days where she "helps" by scattering packing slips or sticking shipping labels to her shirt (insanely funny, by the way...but then I have to reprint!) sometimes she just helps me eat my lunch...



...and other times she "knits" which resembles knots. But she tries so hard and I keep letting her help because I know one day it will turn into a marketable skill! I spent lots of time in my moms office, filing and doing anything else she would let me do...and it really did help me out later in life.

Most recently she has discovered a love of cooking...which is new territory for me because my son has never shown any interest despite my attempts! I usually ask her to help me count or dump into a bowl but today we tried a new task.

Awhile ago I was out of clean knives and needed to pierce some potatoes before I threw them in the microwave and discovered a corn cob holder works pretty darn well!!


So, I explained to little Miss P that it was VERY sharp but she could help me if she went slow (I was more worried about her puncturing me than herself). 


She did really well and was SO proud of herself! She really has taught me to let go a lot more (hello, my name is Jen and I like to be in control). Sometimes it's so easy for me to just do things...but if I just slow down I get to have some really fun moments with my assistant!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!