Skip to main content

Summertime and the livin is busy

Wow! How does this happen? Summer starts and you feel like you have all the time in the world...then you blink and you have 4 weeks til school starts and a list of "things to do this summer" on Pinterest that has barely been touched! I feel like we are on a mad dash to do it all! I guess it didn't help that most of July was spent waiting for our roof to be done, so we hung out at home a lot more. The countdown chain I made didn't even help my procrastination!!

I'm fairly certain summer break has been downsized or something! Twenty years ago it felt like forever between school getting out and back to school shopping. I spent my days babysitting my little brother and the days dragged on! Now, I blink and 3 months are gone! Not cool, man!

I have a to-do list of things I want to do on the site too, and haven't done yet! Mostly introducing some talented friends (who are actually family) so I'm going to get on that in the next couple days! I'm also going to try to get back on the meal planning train...it has been pure chaos when 5pm rolls around and I don't think I can take it much longer! I love structure! 

So stay tuned for some fun stuff and hope your summer isn't too crazy (although I'm sure it probably is!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karen Chemo Cap 5th Anniversary Makeover

I had someone ask me about the Karen Chemo Cap Fan Stitch and I decided the video and pattern were both in need of a make-over! Especially when I noticed this year is the 5th anniversary of publishing this pattern. When my mom had chemo I made her a few different hats because honestly it felt like the only thing I could do. I designed this one just for her, and was super excited when it was her favorite! After she passed I wasn't sure I wanted to release the design, but with a little time...it felt like the right thing to do! You can download the pattern for free here (please give it a favorite over on Ravelry so that it gets a little Ravelry love!!!):  Ravelry: Karen Chemo Cap pattern by A Little Knitty Designs You can purchase the yarn we used here:  Cumulus by Juniper Moon Farm (alittleknitty.com) Here is the video if you need help with the fan stitch!

Chemo Caps - Part 2

The Gia Chemo Cap doesn't have the same sort of story behind it as the Karen Cap , but it was developed with Chemo patients in mind! Please share this pattern with anyone who would like to knit a hat for someone in need! You can download your pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gia-chemo-cap

IOU

We know time is running out for those Holiday gifts....hope this will help!!  You can download the .pdf  HERE . We will have these printed and available for pick up at any of our social stitching times!!